2020 AMSA Executive Bid Call-out open!
The 2020 National Executive Bid process is now open!
The AMSA National Executive is responsible for the day-to-day running of the organisation for the calendar year. They oversee national projects, advocacy and importantly, internal management and communication between different parts of this incredibly dynamic organisation. Passionate medical students, even those with limited AMSA experience, are encouraged to consider this incredible opportunity to lead an organisation encompassing hundreds of volunteers.
Bids are restricted to four (4) executive team members, with the rest of the team selected by a means of your choosing following election. These 4 members should be (unless approved otherwise) the President, Treasurer, Vice President Internal and Vice President External. We have included all 15 positions for your consideration, although again we stress that bids should be providing teams of 4.
As per the AMSA Constitution, executive bid documents required are:
- The postal address for of the Bid Team
- The names, electronic addresses, proposed positions on the Executive and MedSocs of all members of the Bid Team
In addition to this, each bid team is invited to submit personal statements outlining their vision for AMSA, in accordance with the overall AMSA Strategic Plan. There is no requirement for a bid to all come from a single city or state, or for all members of a team to have had prior experience with AMSA.
We recommend potential bid members contact relevant existing executive prior to submitting a bid to discuss further. In previous years, there have been smaller and larger numbers of executive members with slightly different portfolios, and there is the potential for change of structure.
- Sunday May 26th 5PM AEST is the deadline to submit applications to Executive Officer, Adrian Armitage, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After this, bid teams will be contacted for interview by teleconference with the Nominations Committee.
- Election of the Executive will occur during a General Meeting, either during Council 2 (July 5-7) or during the National Convention. During this process, bid teams will be invited to give a short (20min) presentation. Final date TBA.
I have questions, who can I ask?
The 2019 Executive is very happy to chat with you, so feel free to get in touch. Their emails are listed under their current positions. You can contact 2019 President, Jessica Yang at email@example.com.
The Executive Officer Adrian Armitage (firstname.lastname@example.org) can be contacted for further information about the process, including for examples of previous bid documentation.
Published: 28 Apr 2019