APPLICATIONS OPEN: AMSA Medical Education - IT Officer
AMSA’s key mandates are to connect, inform, represent and support the 17,000 medical students of Australia. With 21 medical programs now running in Australia, it is increasingly important to connect and support students from throughout the country, especially those studying at universities where collegial support may not be as established.
AMSA Medical Education (Resource) is concerned with the creation, collation and distribution of medical education resources in various formats from a variety of sources. We do this in two ways:
- Medical notes and factsheets written, referenced and peer-reviewed by AMSA volunteers for the express purpose of creating a high-quality resource database.
- The collation and collection of already written notes by senior students and recent graduates for distribution online without review
The AMSA Med Ed web pages were created and currently maintained by Jeffery Wang. AMSA Medical Education is currently looking for an IT Officer to take over the day-to-day running of the Med Ed web pages on the AMSA Website. This role would also involve the publishing and formatting of student submitted resources and the maintenance of the resource index to reflect incoming submissions.
ELIGIBILITY: Any medical student currently studying or taking temporary intermission from a medical degree in Australia.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications should consist of a brief description of the applicant’s skills, talents and vision for the role. Applications will close at 11:59pm AEST on the 9th of April 2017. If required, Skype or phone interviews will be conducted in the following week.
Applications should be submitted through the form available at http://amsa.co/2njrBQs , and will be assessed by AMSA National Executive IT Officer and Chair of AMSA Medical Education Jeffery Wang, and Vice-Chair (Resources) of AMSA Medical Education Georgia Bertram.
For questions about the role description, experience, or expectations, please contact the 2017 AMSA National Executive IT Officer and Chair of AMSA Medical Education Jeffery Wang at email@example.com
POSITION DESCRIPTION: AMSA Medical Education IT Officer
Chair, AMSA Medical Education
Vice-chair (Resources), AMSA Medical Education
IT Officer, AMSA National Executive
- Maintain and update the AMSA Med Ed web pages on the AMSA website
- Publishing and formatting of student submitted resources
- Maintenance of resource index to reflect incoming submissions
- Potential for design work if interested
Overall goals for 2017
- Maintain the national medical resource database
- Build and maintain systems that will be used for students in years to come
- Formatting: Formatting student note and resource submissions
- Website maintenance: Updating web pages on the website and creation of new ones where required
- Approximately 2 - 5 hours a week at peak times to maintain and update and upload resources onto the website.
- Additional time allotted for meetings, phone calls
Skills & Experience
- Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF skills highly valued
- Adobe Indesign skills appreciated
- Professional writing
- Professional communication
- Communication skills
- AMSA experience not necessary, but would assist in orientation
- Website hits
- Student engagement
- Promptness of task completion
People to liaise with
Chair, AMSA Medical Education – Jeffery Wang
IT Officer, AMSA National Executive – Jeffery Wang
Vice-Chair, AMSA Medical Education (Resources) – Georgia Bertram
Vice-Chair, AMSA Medical Education (Research) – Konrad Pisarski
Publications and Design Officer, AMSA Medical Education – Gayathri Bimal
Published: 28 Mar 2017