Get Involved: Opportunities with AMSA
Interested in getting more involved with AMSA?
It’s easy and we’d love to have you no matter who you are- we welcome all Australian medical students, whether you have loads of experience or none at all, are based in a major city or at a rural clinical school, or are an international student or domestic!
You have a few options:
- Try it out- attend an event or get involved in our projects and enjoy the activities that our volunteers have put in place for you! The best way to see what is happening is to follow our Facebook page, explore the website and become a member to receive our newsletter. We have everything from incredible week long conferences, to Gender Equity mentoring programs, to Mental Wellbeing campaigns, to our AMSA Queer Network, to educational resources! One of the best ways to get a taste of AMSA is our National Council that is held three times a year.
- Be a volunteer
- Have a look at the callouts below- we have over 500 volunteer positions if you are looking to get more hands on.
- Being an AMSA volunteer is joining an amazing family of students from around Australia. No matter what you are interested in, there is place in AMSA for your passion.
- Get involved locally- contact your AMSA Rep to find out what you can do at your university, like attend thinktanks to be part of policy discussions, or even run to become your Uni’s AMSA Rep!
- Use your voice
- We often have advocacy campaigns that need your support, such as calling your MP
- Write an article on a topic or issue you care about- we have a number of publications
- Just want freebies? Check out our membership benefits for discounts
AMSA has a number of positions currently available for interested students. Please see below for a list of these positions, a brief description of what they involve and links to more detailed role descriptions and instructions on how to apply. Most positions, unless otherwise specified, require submission of a 2 page curriculum vitae and 500 word cover letter.