AMSA Mental Health
The AMSA Mental Health Campaign aims to reduce stigma of mental health, improve education about mental health, and help tackle the burden of mental health within our community. Things you’ll see from us throughout the year:
Our aims for this year are to:
- Increase visibility for AMSA Mental Health through the presence at AMSA events.
- Update online resources and the website to a 2021 platform.
- Collaborate with other projects such as AMSA Queer, AMSA Rural, ISN, AMSA Indigenous to reduce message saturation and best support minority groups.
- Redirect efforts to initiatives with positive uptake ad engagement such as Humans of Medicine.
- Create a scorecard from the MH Scorecard data received last year.
- Publish Keeping Your Grass Greener.
- Create merchandise for AMSA Mental Health including pins, shirts, and a banner for events.
- Collaborate with University Mental Health representatives to improve outreach and resources.
If you are in crisis or need support:
If you or someone else is in immediate danger: Call 000
To stay up to date with everything AMSA Mental Health, check us out on social media:
Additionally, check out these online resources:
Head to Health: https://headtohealth.gov.au/
Head to Health can help you find digital mental health services from some of Australia’s most trusted mental health organisations.
Provided by the Australian Department of Health, Head to Health brings together apps, online programs, online forums, and phone services, as well as a range of digital information resources.
Whether you are trying to improve your own sense of wellbeing, looking for help with something that is bothering you, or helping someone you care about - Head to Health is a good place to start.
Headspace provides 12–25 year olds, and their family and friends, a safe, secure and anonymous place to talk to a professional – whenever they need, wherever they are. Since we started eheadspace in 2011, it has grown in popularity with young people across Australia. Not surprisingly, many young people feel more comfortable accessing our services online or by phone.